Thursday 20 October 2011

Pizza Delight in Liverpool, Nova Scotia

Pizza Delight has been in Liverpool on 2 different occasions. Most recently, back in the 1990s it was located in the Waterfront Plaza where Memory Lane had been located. It was a large restaurant with lots of seating, very nice atmosphere but unfortunately not enough business to keep it going. When I was a kid in the 1970s, Pizza Delight was located at 275 Main Street, strangely enough also a location for Memory Lane. It was a small location and my aunt Sherri Roy was manager there. Not only did they sell Pizza but they also had a large grill to make hamburgers and omg they were good. I use to go there with my grandmother, just to sit out back to chat with my aunt. I remember lots of onions,etc all cut and ready to use when needed to make the pizzas. It was warm in there too with the large pizza oven going. Not really sure when it closed but I think it became Liverpool Pizzeria after. 275 Main Street has been the location for many stores and I will talk about that in detail in another blog posting. Maybe my aunt Sherri can fill us in on Pizza Delight, who worked there, who owned it, etc...so let's home she sends me a comment.

7 comments:

  1. I remember Tim also when it was on Main Street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivian Whynot Croft20 October 2011 at 07:57

    I remember Ellen Cunningham working at the Pizza Delight up on Main Street in my younger days

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was 15 years old...had just gotten back from Halifax after a surgery and had my very first take out pizza from there...in where the Moss Pot is now...it was sooo good....would have been 1977

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla MacIsaac Whynot20 October 2011 at 07:58

    my Mom was the manager there when it first opened....she work there for years....my sister Charlene also worked there when she was in High School....we always had lots of good pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tim, the owner of Pizza Delight was Alan MacArthur and he lived in Bridgewater. He owned the one there too. I started in 1976 and Cherry Whynot was the manager then.After that was Sylvia Verge, then me. I was the manager for 3 years. When Alan sold it, Ellen Brewster and Gloria Smith [our cousins] bought it.

    ReplyDelete