Thursday 22 September 2011

Classique Hair Design

The last few weeks I've been sorting through many boxes of "things" that I saved from over the years. Why I saved this stuff only a hoarding expert can answer that but in all of it, I have found some treasures and things I'm glad I kept. One thing I recently found was a business card from Classique Hair Design, a hair salon owned and operated by Carolyn MacLeod. Working there with Carolyn, were hair stylists, Belinda Jesso (Orme), Helen Baker and Bev Amirault. I had forgotten, until I read the business card, that the salon was in the Waterfront Plaza but it later moved to Main Street where Country Junction is now located. It was a modern salon and I recall it being very busy. I guess this was sometime in the 1980s perhaps early 90s too. Those were the days of guys with long hair, mullets,  funking styles for guys and gals...the days when I had lots of long hair to cut. Not only is Classique Hair Design gone but so is most of my hair .....

3 comments:

  1. LOL I had alot of hair back then too. I never let it grow long but it made for a great flat top. I still remember the day my barber told me the hair ontop was to thin and a flat top wouldn't look good. Sad day lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old business cards. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can have some of mine....its turning grey but the dye bottle will take care of that problem

    ReplyDelete