Tuesday 13 March 2012

Site of McDonalds in Liverpool,N.S.

I'm sure most of us with a few years under our belts recall the houses along Bristol Ave/Sandy Cove Road where McDonalds is now located. On the corner (known as Chesley's Corner) was the Fina (later Petro Canada) Service Station...next to it was an apartment building. I believe there was a furniture store in the front at one time. I remember Carl and Evelyn Ernst living there. There were many units that extended back from that front apartment. My aunt and uncle Sherri & Ted Roy rented there around 1974. Next was another apartment building where various families lived including Robert Brown family, Mervin Hartlen family and the Gary Young family. The next house was the Brewster house. Next being the home of Bill and Nita Foley, later an apartment building. The house on the far right was also an apartment building in my days but I'm sure some of the readers may recall what family lived there. I believe Gus Vromans, owner of Liverpool Pizzeria owned it at one time and rented it. McDonalds opened its doors in November 1995 so this photo dates back before that time. One wonders where the years go, I'm one of those people. Seems like yesterday these houses lined the street as we all drove to Brooklyn. Times change and time passes by so fast and yesterday becomes yesteryear very quickly.

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure it was 1995 Tim? I remember being at Acadia the winter/spring term of 1997 and it just opening not too long before that and being excited to come home to try it out.

    ReplyDelete